The Woods

The Woods
The Woods

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Maybe I can put my feelings in words. . . . ?

But probably not......


I can't believe my sister comes home from her mission tomorrow. The time really did go by so fast. Somedays it seemed like forever but looking back it seems like just yesterday. 


The day she left. 


We were both wearing boots. It took a lot of convincing, but she finally decided that she would take my advice and wear them. I remember taking pictures and then loading into the van and driving to the MTC. (Are stop was not complete until we had IHOP! ) We stopped at a church parking lot and said are final See ya laters. Then we got back into the van and made are way to the MTC. Once we got there dad got the bags and I had to get out so that Katee could get out. I remember are last hug. I didn't want to let go, but  I knew that Katee needed this mission more than anything. ( I can now see that we all needed it.) Finally I got back into the van. As she walked away I could see the happiness in her face. She knew what she was doing. I on the other hand wanted her to run back to the van and come home with me. But, she didn't. On the way home from the MTC .... I cried. Like a baby. I couldn't stop. Why did my heavenly father want my sister to be apart from our family for so long? What was the point of this???


 Don't worry everyone I have found the point of all of this. 


The past 18 month have not always been easy, but I have grown so much in so many ways. I would not trade these times for anything. Like I said, We all needed this mission.  Sure I would have loved to have had my sister at my wedding, but she was to busy helping other people have there turn at being married in the temple. Katee has helped me understand the most important things in life. And that is to do EVERYTHING that we can to return home to are heavenly father with honor. Every week when I hear her testimony I get a smile I my face. She has strengthened me so much. I am also grateful for the relationship I have gained with my Mom and Dad. They may not notice the difference but I have. I love them so much and they are amazing parents. I am so grateful to be apart of there family. 


Katee, I am more than excited to have you home. you are an amazing person and you have grown so much. I can't wait until tomorrow when I can hug you and tell you how amazing you are. You are such a good example. I look up to you so much. I could not be more proud of you. Well done sister! I love you so much. You were always a missionary before you got the official title and I know that that won't change  once the title is gone. I am happy to have you home soon, but I am also sad to see it end. Bitter sweet for everyone . I will miss you letters and emails. But I know this is what is mean't to be. You are amazing and  you are going to keep being amazing.  Love you sister. Thanks for building my testimony. 


I will be back with another post of all the pictures I am going to be taking in less than 24 hours. :) 



1 comment:

  1. I think you did a mighty fine job of putting it in to words. Thanks for the post and I'm excited for you to get a huge, giant hug from her. Give her an extra one from me! And you better make good on the promise of doing another post with pictures of her coming home ... I'll be checking often until I see them! :-)

    ReplyDelete