The Woods

The Woods
The Woods

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Red Rock Relay Park City 2013

Red Rock Relay did it again with another amazing race! This was the first Red Rock Relay Park City. It was so nice having a race close to home! Traveling for a race is so fun but it was a nice change waking up in my own bed and ending my night the same way! Park City is always so amazing this time of year. The minute I heard there would be a relay there I knew we had to sign up! Park City was a 70 mile, 1 day race with a 6 man team..or 3 if you are really crazy. This race was by far the hardest race. The legs were challenging but so worth it. Each leg was filled with gorgeous fall colors. 

We started the race at 7:10am and ended at 7:30pm. The 6 team members were Me, Riley, Katee, Mer, Hollianne, and Angela. We had a dang good time! All of the legs on this race were very hard. Not one could be classified as easy. We all had are moments of thinking, "What the freak am I doing". It is amazing that after all we go through we always go back for more. The feeling of accomplishment is so amazing. 




I was able to snap this picture while waiting for Angela to finish the first leg of the race. The Provo River had steam coming off of it. So pretty. All Riley wanted to do was go fishing. 

I passed the bracelet off to Katee. This leg was my favorite of the 2 that I ran that day. The temp was a little cold at first but nothing to complain about. 


At the top of Jordanelle waiting for Hollianne to finish her first leg. She climbed the mountain like a champ. 

Katee on her first leg. She also had to climb so massive hills. 


The popular shoe picture. 


Hanging out on the side of the freeway.. Just another Saturday. 

Riley starting his last leg. This leg was a beast. . . 

Mer passing of to Riley.
Mer going through the chute after finishing up her last leg.. 10 miles of not support on a rocky trail. They gave all runners of this leg a special medal for completing it. She deserved it! She is a rock star! 


Hollianne passing off to Angela for Angela's last leg. 
Riley running up the hills.. 

Party on the sidelines. 

Riley giving me so water on my first leg. He is the best. I wouldn't be able to race without him. 

My first leg. So FUN! 



The team! 


Family

Done. I completed 4 Relays this year. I am so excited for next year! Until next time Red Rock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment