The Woods

The Woods
The Woods

Sunday, October 13, 2013

St. George marathon and the cabin

Last Friday we drove to St. George to watch Colton and Amanda run the St. George Marathon. Friday night we went to dinner at the Olive Garden with my Mom and Dad, Colton, Amanda, and Amanda's sister. After dinner went went back to the hotel. 

The next morning me and Riley took them to the start line at 4:30. It was early but so fun to see all the runners. We were so sad to not be running... Maybe next year! 

Here they are getting ready for the shuttle.

Poor Amanda hurt her ankle around mile 20. They walked the last 6 miles together. 



Here they are at the finish. I am so proud of you guys. You are great motivation. :) 

It was so fun to go and support them. Well worth it! 


After the race was over we took a trip to swigs for some drinks and cookies and then we were headed to Fairview for a weekend at the cabin with my side of the family. 

We got to the cabin around 6:30. We had dinner and spent the night talking and watching a movie. The cabin is one of my favorite places. It is so fun to be in the mountains during Fall. We live in such a beautiful place.  

Sunday morning we woke up early and started are drive back to Taylorsville. We watched Sunday Conference with Riley's side of the family. They were also so nice to watch Fez while we were gone. I hope they enjoyed it as much as Fez did. 

Conference was amazing as usual. I can't wait to go and read the talks that I missed. I love Conference weekend. It is always up lifting and a good reminder of what we should be doing as member of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment