The Woods

The Woods
The Woods

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Today I am grateful for......

The Christmas shoes song...



Me, katee, and colton took singing lessons when we were younger.....Yeah I don't tell very many people that but, now you all know. One holiday season during our singing lesson years colton sang the christmas shoes song. It is such a great song and colton did a great job. Today when this song came on the radio me and Katee both had tears flowing and the song hadn't been playing for more that 15 seconds. This song and the memory of this song helped me realize that this year I am going to focus more on the true meaning of christmas instead of the lame stuff that doesn't matter after a couple of days. I know that I get upset when I see everyones families together for the holiday and mine is not, but I need to learn that I can't get upset because my brother and sister are out doing amazing things and our family is being blessed because of them. So from now on I am not going to get upset. I am going to be happy. I am going to do my best to also help serve those who are in need. Katee and Colton shouldn't be the only ones doing service. I am so grateful for their examples to me. I Love my cute missionaries. Thanks for setting such a great example to me and everyone else.


Last year at temple square

28 Days until christmas!!!!!


p.s. This does not mean I am not going to cry when I hear the christmas shoes song. It is not a crime to miss my brother. :)

3 comments:

  1. You cry all you want! It's part of the therapy of missing them. :-) And I hear ya about not being together as a family for Christmas - we're not going to make it home either since this baby is close to coming. Take care of my family, would ya please? Make sure my mom and Janelle are okay, especially after her surgery? You're a gem! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    Thanks so much for reading my blog. I love writing and I am happy that someone reads it! I will for sure watch out for your mom and Janelle. They are so amazing! Good luck with the baby coming soon! I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I cried when I read this. I love Colton and your family. Hang in there Kelsee you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete